Life through my eyes...

Monday, July 18, 2005

Fantasy vs Reality

Am i too easy going? Am i too soft hearted? What is it about me that makes people think that i can be taken advantage of? What is the meaning of friendship when there is no respect between the people of which a friendship bond is suppose to have developed?

I'm starting to wonder whether it is a defect in my personality, or whether it is common for people to take advantage of one another. Am i that easy to be trodden over? What is it about me... Is it my own fault that people perceive me like this?

I want to have a heart of stone... and skin as thick as leather... I want to be unforgiving... and i want to be selfish! People don't deserve my kindness and i don't deserve they're ungratefulness.

Gratitude! Respect! Honesty! Sincerity! These words exist in the dictionary so why don't they exist in reality?!

4 Comments:

  • I know how you feel. I can see it everywhere around you. Sometimes you just have to be coldhearted to make ppl awake. It's not that you're bad, it's just you don't deserve being pushed around like that. Be yourself!

    By Blogger KevinTeh.Net, at Monday, July 18, 2005 9:19:00 pm  

  • Yeah... You know that i'll forgive them sooner or later... Bleh... maybe it's a fault of mine or maybe it's a credit to myself... who knows... but luckily, i know i always have you... and that's all that matters. :)

    By Blogger Mabel Tan, at Monday, July 18, 2005 11:52:00 pm  

  • mabel. ur definitely not soft hearted. and ppl definitely do not take advantage of you. no offense, i respect our friendship but hey u've gotta work that bit on making ur skin as thick as leather!

    andrew

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, July 25, 2005 11:57:00 pm  

  • Andrew Liew... You might want to know that you were the one who inspired me to write this. :) Don't even try to twist it around and make this sound like a compliment to you.

    By Blogger Mabel Tan, at Tuesday, July 26, 2005 12:43:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home