Life through my eyes...

Sunday, January 22, 2006

The weekend...

It's almost midnight and i'm sitting here, rather unwilling to sleep so as to keep the weekend alive. Who am I kidding? It's just that the weekend seems so short. If only we had longer weekends...

For my daily dose of drama:
Just had a grasshopper fall from my head as I was ruffling through my hair. I know what's going through your mind, did I scream like a girl? Yes, i'll admit it. Hassle me all you want. I don't care. It's just that I didn't expect anything to drop from my head, especially as i'm sitting here in the dark.

Updates for my weekend:
Attended the "Auckland Chinese Community Day" on Saturday afternoon at the Auckland Showgrounds. Don't really know how to describe it but to say that the atmosphere was home, away from home being amongst all the dark headed people as they weaved their way through the food stalls in search for a particular dish which they have missed since parting from their home land. The halls were packed with people, all eager to purchase something which they hadn't expected to buy but only to take advantage of the special deal that was being offered. You were surrounded by all the chatter of all the different languages/dialects, together with the music that was blasted from the portable stereo systems. It was almost nauseating at times when you had to push and shove just to get past. Maybe i'm just not used to it since i've grown up here. Anyway, i'll post the photos when I get my hands on them.

Watched "The Godfather" Parts I, II & III from Saturday until Sunday. What is it about trilogies? The first part is always more intriguing than the sequels. Love mafia stories though. I find it very captivating although the violence is rather extreme. If you have a few hours to spare, then I highly recommend watching the movie (if you haven't watched it yet since it is considered a "classic").

Summer school:
Summer school is going fine. The course (MATHS 102) isn't like any other math course i've encountered. I find that this course is more... theoretical? More about explanations rather than numbers. I have a few "blondes" that enjoy shouting out stupid answers to questions just to lengthen the class. But hey, I guess that's life.

Can't believe that the summer break is almost over. Chinese new year is approaching quickly as well. I'll be flying back down to Christchurch on Friday to spend CNY with my family down there, which will be nice. Hope to blog before chinese new year but in case I don't: HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home