Life through my eyes...

Friday, February 03, 2006

Chinese new year

It's been over a week since I last blogged. Somehow, I thought it was longer than that. I guess it's because i've been blogging from Uni? Hmmm... How that differs, I don't know.

Anyway, I flew back to Christchurch on Friday which was an effort to make it on time as we were rushing through heavy traffic. Which reminds me, never book a flight at 6:30pm from Auckland. It's too stressful to get to the airport from the city centre during peak hours. Anyway, played mah jong for two nights in a row. Until now, i'm still wondering when my family became such gamblers?! Haha. I suppose, it's all in the name of tradition and fun! :) Conquered both Northlands Mall and Riccarton Mall on Saturday. I miss the comfort of Christchurch - slow traffic and so relaxed. I still feel it's the ultimate city. Hehe. So bias. :P

Managed to squeeze in 2 hours to meet up with Mark, Hock and baldy (Seng Cheong) before picking Kevin up from the airport on Sunday. It was a very short trip for him, spending less than 24 hours in Christchurch. After a huge feast on Sunday night, we returned back to Auckland on Monday afternoon with leftovers. Hehe. The food has been greatly missed because it's so yummy!

Since returning to Auckland, have been extremely busy packing to move back into the city. We arrived at the new place yesterday with 2 car loads and expect to do another 2 - 3 car loads tonight. By the way, 1 car load = 2 cars - Harrier and Accord. *fAiNt*! 3 storied terraced houses are inconvenient when it comes to moving. We made a human chain from the ground floor to the first floor having one person running up and down the staircase and then again from the first floor to the second floor. Good exercise though. As you can see, we survived and returned with another load before relaxing over bubble tea (small celebration for Carolyn's birthday). Promised her a belated birthday celebration on Saturday night WITH an ice cream cake with a pig on it after we've settled down in the new place. Hmmm... Let me re-consider. Keke.

It's been a "great" morning. Carolyn woke up late and missed her bus so I drove her to work. Haha. Somehow, all her 4 alarm clocks managed to switch off themselves without her knowing. Amazing eh? Hmmm... :P I guess being 22 does that to you... MuaHaHaHaHa!! Just couldn't help hassling her. She's so talkative in the morning too. Replaces the radio in the car!

OK, class now. Won't have internet in the new place until Wednesday or Thursday next week. *cRiEs* How does one survive without internet these days? I guess it won't be so bad... I could always come to Uni to check mail. Which reminds me, there's something wrong with my e-mail account.

After all this blabbering... Just like to wish all of you:

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

May we all be blessed with
good health,
overflowing wealth
and
prosperity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home