Life through my eyes...

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Another Great Weekend

Arrived back from Auckland an hour ago. I can say that it doesn't get easier. At least i can look forward to the next time though.

Had a fantastic weekend. Witnessed a friend bungy jump up close, which also made me conclude that i will NEVER attempt such a thing, especially with the experience i had. I'm almost certain that i'll die from a heart attack, but it was a very memorable moment especially when the guy was holding onto her front, as she was held tilting backwards and then decided to give her a fright by letting go early! 5-4-3 *aHhHHhhhHHhh!!* Whatever happened to the 2-1?! Haha... Awesome!

You guys would have been so proud of me because in order to reach the platform where they bungy jump from, I had to walk underneath the Auckland Harbour Bridge, until midway... that's a proud moment in itself but what's worse... in HEELS! *fAiNt*! Worse of all, my heel was a perfect fit for the gaps on the metal walkway. Perfect yea? But it was really awesome. Spectacular views of Auckland City, but unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take a camera... why? cuz otherwise how else would they make money?

Anyway, all in all, a really great weekend. Just wish that it was under different circumstances. Will post photos up sometime tomorrow.

I shall leave you with this song though. It may not mean anything to you... but it's been in my mind since church this morning... Though we may feel sad, lonely, lost or afraid... We're never alone...


Be Not Afraid
Bob Dufford

You shall cross the barren desert, But you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety
Though you do not know the way.
You shall speak your words in foreign lands
And they will understand.
You shall see the face of God and live.

Be not afraid, I go before you always,
Come follow me, And I will give you rest.

If you pass through raging waters, in the sea, you shall not drown.
If you walk amid the burning flames,
You shall not be harmed.
If you stand before the pow'r of hell
And death is at your side,
Know that I am with you through it all.

Blessed are your poor, for the kingdom shall be theirs.
Blessed are you that weep and mourn,
For one day you shall laugh.
And if wicked ones insult and hate you
All because of me,
Blessed, blessed are you!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home