Life through my eyes...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Black out at UoC!

Never in my entire time at Uni have I arrived, only to find that the only lights that were shining, were the headlights from my car. It was so incredibly scary! The central library which is 11 stories high and the tallest building on campus only had the emergency lights on when usually it'd be the building that would stand out the most! I was completely... amazed? Seriously, I never thought it could happen to the Uni... Haha!

Hmmm... Although, with it currently being the exam period, I don't think many of the students were amused. Literally, hundreds of students piled out of the library with no where to go. Almost every library on campus was closed, except for engineering and MAYBE the physical science library. Everywhere else was in absolute darkness! Lights were off, computer servers were down. Those that relied on the computers for studying purposes were paralysed!

I guess we've all been having bad luck this year, especially during exams with the power cuts in the North Island postponing many exams that were scheduled for these few weeks and then now, Canterbury. OMG! I wonder whether tomorrow's exams will be postponed? Haha. Doubt it... Oh well... Back to studying!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home