Life through my eyes...

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back to reality

Bersatu was awesome. No regrets. Everyday someone always comments about how they miss the atmostphere of Dunedin - whereby you turn a corner and you will somehow see a fellow Malaysian participant along the street, or how we're stuck in Edgar Sports Centre all day, returning to Cumberland Hall only late at night, or how we've lost our voices from all the cheering that supported our fellow team-mates and when our team's not playing, even our rivals. As long as there was noise, we were all happy! If only we could turn the clock back and go through all of it again...

But, it's time to get back to reality... to be bogged down by all the tests and assignments of student life.

Test for COSC 110 yesterday was very basic. 10% test on Microsoft Excel, to be completed in 25 minutes. Erm... right. I did it in 19 minutes but the marker refused to mark me cuz I would be taking a risk and that I should use the remaining few minutes to double check my work. What rubbish! So, instead of coming over to mark my work, he decided to be an ass and make me sit there for the remaining 6 minutes for me to "check my work" which I didn't. Turns out... 29/29. Stupid! Wasting my time. Bleh! That's for taking a stupid course like COSC 110! If you want easy points, I recommend that course!

But now... instead of relaxing, etc... I have to study for a massive 45% test later tonight for AFIS 301 on accounting theory. Why the hell do I need to know about accounting theory? I have never, ever contemplated deriving some stupid theory for accountants to abide by. Nor do I wish to learn about how they go about deriving the damn theories. How on earth will I use this type of bullshit knowledge in my working life? Grrr! It only causes troubles when smart asses decide to try to prove this and that theory wrong... blah blah blah! Argh!

What more... I don't even know what the format of the test is going to be like cuz they've been changing it every year. The contents have changed as well (I hope that's the reason i'm not recognising some of the stuff, otherwise i'll be screwed). Usually it's a good idea to look over the past year papers but this time, it's just so confusing and makes me all panicky... blehhh!! Not that I can really blame the lecturers since the adoption of IFRSs were made this year, to be compulsory by 2007 when previous papers were questioning the move, etc.

4:47pm. Time for me to continue studying... Grrr~! Can't wait until 9:00pm when the test is over... then... study for CHIN 101. Study? Yeah right... MuaHaHaHaHa~!!. As of tomorrow, 5:00pm... i'm declaring a break for myself! Just 24 hours to go... Tick Tock Tick Tock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home