Life through my eyes...

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lost for words...

What do you say to someone who's dying?

Visited my aunt today who has been suffering from a brain tumour for a number of years now. She removed the tumour several years ago but had a relapse a couple years back which brings nothing but bad news. There is no longer a cure for the cancer. Only time awaits her.

When I saw her, in the type of condition that she's in... I was lost for words. What words of comfort could I have offered her? What could I have said to brighten her day? What should I have said to take her mind off reality? I don't know and now I sit here and wonder the same questions... and nothing springs to mind.

I was like paralysed. I didn't know what to do... I couldn't think of anything to say. All I could do was to sit there and look at her and wonder why. Why her...

Without sounding insensitive, perhaps it would be better for her to go? Her suffering just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe God should be kind. *SiGh* I guess her time is near. She seems to be hearing the dead calling her home. Ah... I only hear of such things back here. Is it true? Is it real? I don't know... This sucks! Life sucks this way...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home