Life through my eyes...

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Since the start of October...

Warning: This post is going to be long!

A few major events have happened since the start of this month which I think are worth mentioning, also cuz people are expecting photos to be posted up on this blog too. I find it funny though, how hypocritical some people can be mocking me about having a blog when they themselves find great pleasure in reading its contents. Just a thought. Ultimately, i'm not too concerned. I know that this space serves more needs than just my own and i'm happy to provide such a service. That now said, I can continue with my update...

Let me take you back to earlier this month (the 2nd to be exact) when we celebrated Tzin Wei's 25th birthday. As it had been clearly announced by the birthday boy that he didn't want any big celebrations this year (3 persistant calls at 1:30am making me think it was an emergency international call! Totally ruined my relaxing shower, I might add!), a dinner at Food Sing Restaurant was organised by Freddie to commemorate the special day. Only 5 candles were placed on the cake cuz he didn't want to look so old. *aHeM* Wrinkles on the face speak louder than the number of candles on the cake! *aHeM*! Hehe! Kidding~


Awww~ Tzin Wei looks so happy! Haha! After dinner, we went for coffee at Coffee Culture... followed by the usual karaoke at Boys & Girls. Seems like everything has become quite predictable when it comes to birthday celebrations now, doesn't it? Haha! It was fun though... Oh yeah, and Sheila's back even skinnier than before! Yay! (Yay that she's back... not cuz she's skinnier.) Maybe I should consider going to Hong Kong for 3 weeks. Haha! It'll save me a hell of a lot of effort at the gym. :þ~ And no, none of us were drunk that night, although it seemed like it? Hmmm...



The following day, 3rd October, the "Beautiful Girls" were born. That's our team name for the Business House badminton summer league competition that we've entered - yeah, the team name inspired by the song. For Cin and I, it was our first time playing competitive badminton. The good thing about the competition is that it comprises of doubles only - mens doubles, women doubles and 4 mixed doubles - 6 matches per team, per night. Not too bad. Just requires chemistry between the players. It was a last minute decision to enter, so we hadn't had too much practice before the first night. We played against "Allsorts", winning only the mens doubles (Mark & Hock) and one of our mixed doubles (Hock & I). I must admit, our 2 - 4 lost was rather demoralising but as Captain Mark says, the good thing about it is that it's a league so there's room for improvement. I guess it made me feel a bit better that our captain believed in us.

That night, after supper we denounced our captain (just for the night la) and decided to have a team bonding session by going to karaoke, Boys & Girls - voted 3 -1 (Mark obviously being the 1)! Hehe! C'mon. You must admit it was fun. "How much is that doggie in the window?" *WoOf* *WoOf*? :þ~ Mark was a party pooper wanting to go home. Hehe! It was fun... I dunno, a small group acting silly... Good times~

Our results last week (second week of competition) against "Mixed Bred" was a lot better. At least everyone in the team had a win and that's good progress in itself. We won 4 - 2, winning all of our matches except women doubles and Mark & Cin's mixed. Oh, and we've employed Coach Nik. Hehe! No second team bonding session. I hadn't realised the extent of the situation that night. The win... initially provided good motivation. The coldness... that's one to ponder about. Doesn't seem right. What's up with that huh? I guess we all need time, maybe some more than others.

The upcoming match for this week is:

Beautiful Girls vs The Ashes
Wednesday 17th October - 7:30pm
Badminton Hall, Court 3

Chong's annual 12-12 BBQ fell on the first Saturday of October, just short of 1 day to make it exactly a year since we last had it. Less photos were taken this year probably cuz I was too lazy and just wanted to sit down and enjoy the beautiful day outside. It didn't help that I was wearing a mini skirt either which was a bold move by me, I might add. A total shocker to my friends that day. Hehe! Haven't worn anything that short (other than sports shorts) for a very long time... Probably 2 or 3 years? Hehe! Need to do more gym and tighten everything up before I show more skin. Wahahaha!

I arrived late in the afternoon. When I got there, everyone seemed rather settled. There was no aggressive drinking, but rather friends who had gathered around to enjoy a few cold beers and eat to their heart's content. It wasn't long after I had some food to eat that the cans of "Cody's" came out and they literally had our names (or nicknames) on it. Totally caught us off-guard but good thinking!

Why "EMPTY"? Origin? Remember the good ol' days of mIRC? #paikia... #ironic... Undernet... Dalnet... It used to be one of the prominent communication networks back then. I first started using the internet (or mIRC to be exact) back in 1998 when I entered high school. Been almost 10 years now. Haha! It was back then that I used the nickname mT` which later became eMpTy`. Why? It's my initials... "M"... "T"... Said fast becomes "empty". I'm pretty sure i've explained it all before... haven't I? Hmmm... I'm too lazy to check. Hence... "kosongkia" as my msn address. Click? :þ~

Enough rambling... Here are some photos from that day...

The atmosphere




The selection of food




The people





...and yes, STOP SMOKING! :þ~

I had a break from the party to be on duty at badminton but returned later that evening. And... Look who I found in Christchurch... Mr Justin Tee who didn't have the courtesy to let me know himself that he was in town and I had to hear it from Yang. HMPH! But seeing as he has lost his cellphone multiple times (also losing all our contact numbers), i'll forgive him AGAIN.

We had more drinks and then a few of us went down to town - Coyote of course. It was fun cuz we managed to meet up with more people there making the night an awesome one. Arrived home "earlier" than I thought cuz I got screwed up by the automatic setting on my phone for daylight savings which we had already adjusted for. Stupid! But yeah, a good night.

Random photos of myself from the 12-12 BBQ Party. Wrinkles oh wrinkles! :(

Last Thursday was the debut for 'Roti Canai with Dahl and Curry on a Hot Summer Day' (abbreviated to 'Roti Canai' for their convenience) when we played against the MOA Exterminators for the Pioneer Volleyball Summer League Grading Night. Although we didn't win the game because of the time limit, we still made it into Division 2 for Round 1 (the first 5 weeks of competition) after putting up a good fight. Given, that the team wasn't used to the court, the lightness of the ball, the height of the net... Were those the factors that led to our loss? Or maybe our nerves got to us with the exception of a couple of us playing better than normal. I guess our challenge for the upcoming game is to overcome whatever the problems were from last week. In saying that, here are the details for this week's game:

Roti Canai vs Wisconsins
Thursday 18th October - 7:30pm
Pioneer Stadium, Court 3

It's almost 4:00am so i'd better call it a night. I'll hopefully get around to uploading the photos and videos soon, along with the updates from the weekend just passed. But until then, good night. :)
P.S. To those facing exams, for some you... FINAL exams... GOOD LUCK! You're almost there so give it all you've got! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home