Life through my eyes...

Sunday, September 30, 2007

The young girl has now become an adult!

So which young girl am I writing about? Who else but... Amarin Sitthilertchanya! (Say it with an Indian accent. It's funny. :รพ~) Oh my gosh... What a mouthful! Still don't know who it is? It's CIN! Haha! How "Cin" was derived from her real name, I have no idea. Just accept it. If you're still trying to pronounce her name, the "h" and the "t" inbetween the "r" and "c" are silent. Sounds like a rap huh? Haha! *fAiNt*! If you still can't get it, give up and ask her next time. :)

Anyway, the young girl is now officially an adult --- 18 years old as of Thursday! Wow! (Say it with exceptionally huge eyes and act like you're surprised and excited...) Ok, seriously... I think she's stoked that she's finally 18. Why? She can go anywhere, except for the big house but until then, it opens up a whole new world to her. Hehe. I suppose it's good to be 18 huh? Eesh! I can't even remember what I did on my 18th birthday... Seems so long ago. Actually, it has been a long time... 5 years! Wow! Ok, enough about me...

The birthday celebration started off with dinner at Manee Thai Restaurant, located down Manchester Street. Not sure exactly what the dishes we had were called, but we had a satay like dish for an entree, and I recognised tom yum soup and thai green curry... Oh, and rice of course! The rest... no idea what they're called and no photos of the food either but there was beef, fish, seafood wrapped in lettuce, what else? Hmmm... Can't really remember. Just recall that we were all too hungry (me included) to wait for photos to be taken.

The highlight of the night... the cake! It's green tea flavoured, designed by Hock who had our personal messages written in chocolate on flat white chocolate oblong pieces placed on the sides of the cake. Delicious. Take a look...


The beautifully designed cake...



Meaningful messages... and the birthday girl...









Yes, all the lovey-dovey messages were from Hock, himself. Cheong and Yoko never replied with their personal messages so they had their names written on their pieces. Haha! Naturally, Cin was bullied into taking out the candles with her mouth. Usually, it's just 1... but seeing as she's so innocent, they bullied her into taking out 2 candles... pushed quite far in I might add. Poor girl... She was so scared that they would push her face into the cake. Why would we do that huh? Then we wouldn't have any dessert to eat, silly~ Hehe!


Cin being a good sport taking out the candles with her mouth...




Cutting the cake...


... And then there is the usual group photo...


The group...


We then proceeded to take random photos with the birthday girl...


Random photos at the restaurant...






After dinner, we headed off to Sol Square which is located in an alley way off Lichfield Street. For the Sarawakians out there, it's something like Travillion in Kuching although I think Sol Square is much cooler - more lights, more bars, smaller area. As it was a Thursday night, there weren't that many people and quite a few of the bars were closed but we did go to Ishimoto which opened recently, and Fat Eddies.

Expected to reach home in the wee hours of the morning but instead, we all went home before midnight cuz the birthday girl was sick! :( What a bummer... So yeah, ended up feeling quite "potong steam" but surprisingly, I ended up sleeping quite early that night.

Other than that, just like to wish everyone...

Happy belated mooncake festival!

It was on Tuesday right? Hmmm... Only knew cuz I kept receiving mass messages from friends. Stupid la... Know what it said?

"I look at the moon, the moon is beautiful... I look at you... i... i... I'd better look at the moon again... Happy Moon Cake Festival! Haha :)"

Good one people... But did you see how big and round the moon has been for the past few days? My gosh... big dum dums man! Hehe!

One more thing before I sign off... Remember daylight's saving is today, so turn your clocks forward one hour! Don't say I didn't tell ya? Wahahaha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home