Life through my eyes...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Waffles and The Time Bomb

Was woken up on Saturday by the sound of my phone. Why on earth were people awake at 10am after last night?! OMG! Anyway, after continuously receiving 4 messages I came to realise that I wasn't going to get to sleep in and decided to wake up and check the bloody messages only to realise that I had to quickly get up, wash up, change and meet the others at 11am for dim sum at Foo San Restaurant. *fAiNt*! Been ages since I last ate there. Probably over a year? Reminded me of how good their dim sum is... Felt quite crap the whole day though cuz my throat was really dry. Forgot to drink water before sleeping. Argh~

After dim sum, Mark, Hock, Nik & I decided to attend the UMNO bbq at The Botanical Gardens seeing that it was a warm summery day. Thing is, all we knew was that it was at The Gardens and that it was organised by UMNO. Hmmm... Doesn't sound too complicated, does it? Only... If you live in Christchurch or you've been to Christchurch before, you'll know that The Botanical Gardens is part of Hagley Park which isn't exactly very small. What more, there is more than one entrance. So we took a guess and parked the car on the museum side and walked. As we walked, we found a few more lost souls wandering around too. Made us feel better that we weren't the only ones lost I guess. Haha! Finally, after perhaps 15 - 20 minutes, Aliff came to lead us into the mysterious location. Honestly, we could have walked the whole day and would never have found it on our own. Stupid la~

The guys joined in with the games that were being played. I decided to sit in the shade and be anti-social. Just wasn't in the mood and didn't feel too good either, which is partly why I didn't want to go in the first place. So yeah, sorry... Other than that, everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves.




We decided to leave at 2:00pm cuz we had to meet up with Tung and Roger at Dot Com in Sumner for WAFFLES!. Wanted to take a photo of the four of us at The Gardens before leaving, but my camera ran out of battery cuz I didn't charge it overnight. So bleh! It would have been a good photo too! Haha!

So I ate waffles and ice chocolate at Dot Com. The most fattening food i've had all week. All my effort for the past week of going to the gym and playing sports probably went down the drain at this point. Though I would like to clarify that I did not eat the cream on the ice chocolate --- Makes me feel better saying it! :þ~ OMG. I can still remember how yummy it was. *sLuRp*!

After our absolutely fattening afternoon tea session, we went down to the beach. Yay! I absolutely love the beach... the salty air... the cool breeze... the sound of the waves... the softness of the sand in between my toes... the seagulls flying above our heads and us not knowing whether they are gonna sh*t on us. Haha! Luckily they didn't~ Even if they did, we would have just gone out to buy lotto anyway... Or maybe Big Wednesday seeing as it's Mark and Nik's favourite past time at the moment... along with the Rugby World Cup. Haha!

Look what we found on the beach? A "Time Bomb"... Don't know why it was out there but it looked ridiculously cool! Haha!

We took photos... We played volleyball and soccer too. The drama from the beach outing? SOMEONE was rather intrigued when she found a feather on the ground. Upon examination, she realised it was a dead seagull that had been buried in the sand. Needless to say, she was all freaked out for the rest of the afternoon... and night too, I guess, seeing as she was spooked when someone asked her at badminton to use a feather shuttlecock instead of the normal plastic ones provided. Haha! Poor Cin~ But good entertainment for us! :þ~







Yeah, that was pretty much my Saturday with badminton at night. I must say, it was a pretty awesome day~ Been sometime since i've had a dose of good times with good friends. :)

*** For photos, please click here ***

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home