Life through my eyes...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Mission: Passport Photo

I had a long overdue mission to complete tonight. The mission: to get my passport photo taken! Sounds simple? Yeah, I thought it would be as well. But boy was I wrong. I didn't know how frustrating it could be and how unlucky I was!

I initially planned to take my passport photo when Kevin was here 1 1/2 weeks ago but then, I was down with a cold and was looking terrible with a red nose and watery eyes so I wasn't in the best of moods to smile for a silly camera. Days passed and then finally on Sunday, I decided to head out to the Uni pharmacy to have my pretty photo taken only to find that it was closed! Nevermind I thought, i'll go to Riccarton Mall - there should be plenty of places where it can be done. With limited time, I drove all the way there only to find that there were long queues and I just didn't have the time to wait. My mission had failed... yet again.

After a full day of lectures today, I decided that today was the day. It had to be done. I set off late in the evening and headed to the airport where I had previously spotted one of those silly photo taking machines when sending Kevin off. 8 passport photos for $4.00 - CHEAP! Only when I got there, WHERE WAS THE MACHINE?! I started to panic... It just wasn't meant to be. But I was determined, so I walked towards the international departure lounge and there it was, amongst all the other gaming machines. I had a sigh of relief. So happily I slotted in $4.00 and with my luck, THE MACHINE ATE MY $4.00 and there was no one around to help me!! Grrr... I was so frustrated!

So I left the airport and drove home. Had my passport photo taken against a white door in the house, cropped and pasted, ready to print tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't run into further complications. In the end, after all the trouble and inconvenience, the photo isn't that stunningly beautiful or anything but i'm glad that it's done and boy, it really was an achievement! *fAiNt*!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home