Life through my eyes...

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Being foolish...

In my anger and frustration, I contemplated expressing my thoughts and emotions in an extremely unruly fashion. However, I will contain myself and I will not allow myself to fall into the trap of no returns because the tongue (and in this case, my fingers) is the most lethal weapon a human being can have. I will not let you conquer me.

What I will say however, is that my perception of people has been harshly transformed as life experiences have taught me to be more cautious. People always have another agenda from what they appear to have. It's reality. We're used and abused and then trashed when we're no longer needed. That's just what life is. We either play the game or we become the biggest loser of them all.

We're meant to learn from our mistakes so as to avoid it from happening again. The thing is, most of the time it's out of our control as to what mistakes we will make because life is such, that we're meant to make the mistakes whenever it is that we're meant to make them. So we learn and then move on with the knowledge and experience to never make the same mistake.

Who can blame me then for being bitter and resentful for what has happened? Nothing is as it seems. Drawing to your own conclusions is all fine and good if that's what helps you sleep at night. But unless you know the whole story, don't judge because you may not want to know the truth.

It would be easy to place blame on others but reality is that things happen for a reason. We cannot be so foolish as to think that we did not play a part to make the outcome of the situation as it is. In essence, it was partly our own fault. We must share the blame. So before pointing at others, I suppose we should stand in front of the mirror and judge ourselves first.

Eyes lie. Our sight would be useless without our brain to interpret what we see. It is the brain and its memory that causes misconceptions. A flawless face is never one without make up or surgery. Nothing in this world is perfect. Nothing. Everything's just a cover up. We end up lying to ourselves.

The worse thing is when you refuse to listen but only choose to hear. Don't ask unless you're willing to listen and accept the truth. Don't live your life being fooled with misinterpretations and misunderstandings when you can get answers. Don't throw away everything because of pride. If you want answers, seek them before it's too late but be willing to listen with an open mind.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home