Life through my eyes...

Friday, July 20, 2007

Burnsiders '02

For the past few days, i've been feeling rather nostagic. On searching through my computer, I found this photo... 14 people, consisting of mostly Malaysians with the exception of a Vietnamese, a Taiwanese, a Singaporean and an Indonesian.

From left to right: Jimmy Chow, Quang Pham, Tim Chuang, Gerald Chang, Me, Louis Himin, Sophia Ling, Justin Tee, Esther Loh, Jason Lai, Abigail Jacobs, Ivan Hugh, Doris Chua & Jason Sim

Until today... this photo still remains displayed in my room while other photos have changed around it due to failed relationships or whatever other reason. This photo, however, has been in the same photo frame, sitting in the same place for the past 6 years! There's just something about it that keeps me intrigued. Perhaps it's because the best years of my life was when I was in high school, especially 7th form. How great life was back then! Less worries, less issues, less complications, less problems. Life was so much simpler back then. Ah... Memories... Something that will forever remain intact.

A few of those faces can still be found lingering around Christchurch, but we've dispersed between Auckland, Christchurch and Dunedin. Anyway, I suppose over time things change and we just have to learn to adapt and go with the flow. On reflection, it was nice to have made the connections with these people. However, the length of time we have known someone for does not define how well we know them. Some people just come and go in our lives. We just have to be contented that we touched their lives in some way or another and they, ours.

Above all, sweet memories should continue to be remembered at their best. The bitterness should be left behind. That's the only way to continue living in hope of finding true happiness and living a fulfilling life.

I think I should end here. My thoughts seem disconnected and I don't think i'm making much sense. Don't know if i've actually said whatever it is that I wanted to say. So yeah, when i'm carrying a blank face or i'm really quiet... that's cuz my brain's running at a hundred miles per hour and I just don't have the capacity to process it.

End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home