Life through my eyes...

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

PETSOC Talent Night

Attended the PETSOC Talent Night last Friday at the UCSA Ballroom.

We turned up late by 45 minutes because a few of us decided to try the set dinner menu at Dragon Garden. $48.00 for 5 dishes which we split amongst 5 people. Not bad although our group critic pointed out that some of the dishes didn't turn out like the photo, eh Nik or is it Terry? Haha! :P Then I got a last minute phone call to "tapau" for Tung and Freddie. So "mahuan"! Kidding la... If we didn't have to "tapau", we would have been early. Yeah rite! Haha!

So anyhow, we arrived at 7:45pm and surprise surprise... it just started! Haha! 'Malaysian time' ya? :รพ~ I think there were 21 performances in total. So the night ended at 10:00pm. The shocker...? A lot of people amongst us are extremely talented! Really! *fAiNt*! They had me shocked... surprised... amazed... Wow! Seriously. They're so musically inclined - they can play multiple instruments, sing, dance and act! Not fair... Hmph!

I took 3 Gbs of pictures and movies which I haven't had the time to upload onto the internet yet. Need to resize them, especially the movies! Hehe! The highlight of the night for me? Probably 'Peng You' sung by Tung (a.k.a. Decker), Ben Lai, Aliff and Azmir with Bernard and Yang (a.k.a. Gerald) playing the guitar and Freddie on drums.


From left to right: Aliff, Ben Lai, Decker, Freddie (Drums), Azmir, Bernard (Lead Guitarist) & Gerald (Second Guitarist)

Why was it the highlight? It was meaningful. Like what Tung said... "No matter if you're blue, black, green or white, we're still friends here, no matter what colour, what culture, we're still friends here." Where he got those colours from, I have no idea. But when I asked him the following day, he said that maybe white people don't realise there are green people out there. *fAiNt*! Haha!

Expected more people to turn up to the event but I know those that intended to come had to change their plans due to Josh's sudden departure the following day. I still feel bad for not attending his farewell but the good thing is that, he's coming back in October so all is not lost. So to Josh who I know is one of the silent readers of my blog...

"Treasure each and every moment that is still left so you'll have no regrets when the time comes. I pretty much said everything in the sms. See you when you come back!"

Anyway, photos from the event, along with the movies will be posted up later. Good things take time! Be patient! :P For now... here's a group picture~


From left to right: Freddie, Aliff, Decker, Cin, Anthony, Azmir, Mabel, Nik & Gerald

After we disbursed from the talent night, we went to Yang's house equipped with alcohol, junk food, poker set and our lovely voices to chill out for the rest of the night. Ended up not playing poker at all but jamming, drinking and chatting instead. It was fun la. I learnt something that night... Yang has a bump on his nose! I never noticed it before. Haha!

Picciessss~~




OK. By the end of the night, I think quite a few of us were high. Haha! What surprised me was how everyone woke up early the following day wanting to eat dim sum for breakfast. OMG! But i'll write about our eventful Saturday another time. Time to cook dinner. So hungry! Toodle-ooOOooOOOoo!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home