Life through my eyes...

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Holidays have just begun...

So... this is the start of the holidays... It's a beautiful day outside... sunny and warm... I think spring is approaching. Yay!! No more having to wear layers of clothing... no more having to eat to keep warm, hence no more putting on weight (hopefully)... no more staying in from the cold... we'll be able to enjoy the weather!! About time!! Grr!!

Had a long stroll at Sumner on Thursday. Walked from "the rock" to the clock tower and back. OMG! It's so far! Didn't realise the extent of my walk. Duh! I love the beach... the smell of the salty air... how everyone seems so happy as they stroll along with their partners hand-in-hand, or even just a friend, how they bring their young kids to have a run around and for those that are even too young to walk, for them to experience the warm sunshine on their innocent young faces as they sit in their cosy prams, and some, were walking their pets having their daily exercise. But for me, I just needed to breathe... I just needed to think... I needed a place where no one knew me... and I didn't know them... just to remember what it was like to be truly happy again... It was a nice feeling... until I had to leave to do my assignment! Grr!! Back to reality...

*Fast forward*

Friday... I missed seeing the Undie 500 cuz woke up too late and had my assignment to complete. :( I wonder whether i'll have a chance to see it next year? Apparently someone had eggs thrown at the window on the car, which somehow managed to make a cut on their face. Physics is absolutely amazing.

Had a really quiet night last night. Finally decided to stay in to watch "Failure to launch" after contemplating going down to town. Ah well. It was fun, especially with all the snacks! Yummy... junk food... I love junk food... MuaHaHaHaHa~!! Good movie too. Happy ending... I like a happy ending...

Anyway, heading out to lunch at Ancestral now. Ah... If it wasn't for that place, where else would everyone hang out?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home