Life through my eyes...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween~!

Definitely not a fan of the celebration. Personally find it annoying to have kids banging on the front door requesting for sweets, especially during exam time! But what the heck, happy halloween~! Ok. I'm like, an hour late... still, accept the wish! Bleh! :P

After the 2 most important exams, i'm dead tired. Only had 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night and now, i'm dead tired. Not happy about the outcome but, too late to change anything now right? Look forward. Haha. Yeah. Good one. Where will I be next year? Hmmm...

So my blog's been full of words these days... with no photographs (due to the fact that it's exams and I haven't been out except to Uni!!). So here...

This is what I look like at the time of posting - forcing a slight smile on my face. My eyes are red! The growth on my eye is still slightly there... *SiGh* I'm scarred for life! *cRiEs*! Room a bit messy. *PaiSeH* *PaiSeH*! Haha!! Oh well.

Haha! This is what I looked like last week when I was cramming for my exam! Stressed... Tired... Sleepy... Yes... That was me... and no, I couldn't smile then! It was in the wee hours of the morning...

But what I found most intriguing these past couple of weeks? This...

Taken on the 8th floor of Central Library. It appears on every floor, even the 11th. Pretty much, if you choose to climb out that window, you're choosing to die. Dude, it's 8 floors... I dunno... I think it'll do it~ Ok. I always tell people that I hope they die... but seriously, don't take it literally! Life is worth living... hmmm... yes it is...

Oh! Before I bid you all good night, if you're bored and you have time, watch "Flight of the Conchords". Funny sh*t! Seriously. Had a good laugh! Don't have time to place it on YouTube but i'm pretty sure you'll be able to find it there... or else give me a buzz and i'll send them over to you. Hehe! You'll love it. Trust me. :)

Now what series should I watch to fall asleep to? Did I mention how many series i've downloaded from the Uni hub? Hehe!! Life is good... ya?

--- Edited ---

My friend just directed me to this story again... and how much it relates to each and everyone of us. I think i've posted it before... but i'll post it again...

A boy was born to a couple after eleven years of marriage. They were a loving couple and the boy was the gem of their eyes.

When the boy was around two years old, one morning the husband saw a medicine bottle open. He was late for office so he asked his wife to cap the bottle and keep it in the cupboard. His wife, preoccupied in the kitchen totally forgot the matter.

The boy saw the bottle and playfully went to the bottle fascinated by its colour and drank it all. It happened to be a poisonous medicine meant for adults in small dosages. When the child collapsed the mother hurried him to the hospital.

He died.

The mother was stunned. She was terrified how she was going to face her husband.

When the distraught father came to the hospital and saw the dead child, he looked at his wife and uttered just five words.

QUESTIONS :

1. What were the five words?

2. What is the implication of this story?

ANSWER:

The husband just said "I am with you Darling". The husband's totally unexpected reaction is a proactive behaviour. The child is dead. He can never be brought back to life. There is no point in finding fault with the mother. Besides, if only he had taken time to keep the bottle away, this would not have happened. No one is to be blamed. She had also lost her only child. What she needed at that moment was consolation and sympathy from the husband. That is what he gave her.

If everyone can look at life with this kind of perspective, there would be much fewer problems in the world. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. And you will find things are actually not as difficult as you think.

Now... think about it. It applies to you too. Just take that single step and be free of your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears... and make this world a better place. :)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home